Happy New Year! Let’s begin it with professional development and career improvement!
Online Professional Development
Beginning on February 9th, 2019.
About the course:
In this on-line, 20-hour course, participants will reflect about the importance of acquiring languages through meaningful, context relevant communication.
We will reflect on questions such as:
- What is CLIL? Is CLIL a philosophy, a methodology or an approach? Why the noise?
- What exactly is PBL? What are its characteristics?
- Why is PBL appropriate for Bilingual Education? How does it connect with the CLIL approach?
- How can this be implemented in my class? Is it applicable in any content area?
- How can students learn through Inquiry? Why is this beneficial?
- How do I get my students to interact through a second language?
- How can we make sure that PBL does not compromise a curriculum nor compromise learning expectations?
- What tools and strategies can I use to implement PBL in my classes?
- How can we differentiate teaching in PBL? When, at what stage of the process and how?
- How can I organize my planning in a PBL model? What would it look like?
- How do I assess students in a PBL-based program?
Participants are expected to dedicate around 4 hours per week and take part in the activities with comments. There will be one assessed task at the end of the course.
Resources will include:
- Texts for reading and reflecting with peers
- Forum discussions
- Material analysis
- Collaborative planning
Start Date: February 9th, 2019
End date: March 23rd, 2019.
Investment: R$ 300,00
(10% discount for groups of 5 or more people)
Register here: https://goo.gl/forms/YXmPDjSv4RuQPvEK2