PBL & CLIL in Bilingual Education
About the course:
In this on-line, 20-hour course, participants will reflect about the importance of acquiring languages through meaningful, context relevant communication.
We will reflect on questions such as:
- What is CLIL? Is CLIL a philosophy, a methodology or an approach? Why the noise
- What exactly is PBL? What are its characteristics?
- Why is PBL appropriate for Bilingual Education? How does it connect with the CLIL approach?
- How can this be implemented in my class? Is it applicable in any content area?
- How can students learn through Inquiry? Why is this beneficial?
- How do I get my students to interact through a second language?
- How can we make sure that PBL does not compromise a curriculum nor compromise learning expectations?
- What tools and strategies can I use to implement PBL in my classes?
- How can we differentiate teaching in PBL?
- When, at what stage of the process and how?
- How can I organize my planning in a PBL model? What would it look like?
- How do I assess students in a PBL-based program?
Participants are expected to dedicate 4 hours per week and take part in the activities with comments. There will be one assessed task at the end of the course.
Resources will include: Texts for reading and reflecting with peers; Forum discussions ; Videos ; Material analysis; Collaborative planning.
Start date: March 14th, 2018.
End date: April 14th, 2018.
Course fee: R$ 300,00.
(10% discount for groups of 5 or more people)
3 thoughts on “Online course: PBL & CLIL in Bilingual Education”
Quando abrirá este curso?
Quando teremos este curso novamente?
Onde encontro a lista de livros que a sra comentou hj na BEST?
Já fiz minha inscrição, estou ansiosa pelo início do curso!