Looking for an Online Professional Development? Look no further.
In this on-line, 30-hour course, participants will reflect about the importance of acquiring languages through meaningful, context relevant communication.
We will reflect on questions such as:
- What is CLIL? Is CLIL a philosophy, a methodology or an approach? Why the noise?
- What exactly is PBL? What are its characteristics?
- Why is PBL appropriate for Bilingual Education? How does it connect with the CLIL approach?
- How can this be implemented in my class? Is it applicable in any content area?
- How can students learn through Inquiry? Why is this beneficial?
- How do I get my students to interact through a second language?
- How can we make sure that PBL does not compromise a curriculum nor compromise learning expectations?
- What tools and strategies can I use to implement PBL in my classes?
- How can we differentiate teaching in PBL? When, at what stage of the process and how?
- How can I organize my planning in a PBL model? What would it look like?
- How do I assess students in a PBL-based program?
The content will be made available to participants on a free, digital platform. Participants are expected to dedicate around 4 hours per week and take part in the activities with comments. There will be one assessed task at the end of the course.
Resources will include:
- Texts for reading and reflecting with peers
- Forum discussions
- Material analysis
- Collaborative planning
Investment: R$ 300,00
Start Date: January 15th, 2017
End date: February 26th, 2017
Register your interest here: https://goo.gl/forms/awBkhf6Jj31uCNHH2
After filling in this for you will receive further information about the course and how to complete your registration.
8 thoughts on “PBL & CLIL in Bilingual Education – online course in January”
I would like to take this online course. When is it going to have a new one? I am available now on March.
We are starting a course this week. You can register here:
Dear Selma, I’m really interested in taking this course, but I have some questions such as when is it going to start? how do I register for the course? and also about the payment… It will be greatful if you could send me this information…
Very, very interested!
Is there any way you could send us a reminder when it’s about to start, please?!?
I’ll be away from São Paulo on vacation, and I’m afraid of forgetting my registration…
Great Selma, I couldn´t find the fee… Is it somewhere or I should wait for a confirmation?
Very very interested, thanks, Selma!!!
Not sure if this email can be answered via this email address. I just registered through the link but wanted to ask if it would possible to start the course one week later, once I`ll be arriving back in Brazil on Jan 26 only.
Hi Paula. Yes, the course is flexible and you can start or finish a bit later.