Looking for an Online Professional Development? Look no further.
In this on-line, 30-hour course, participants will reflect about the importance of acquiring languages through meaningful, context relevant communication.
We will reflect on questions such as:
- What is CLIL? Is CLIL a philosophy, a methodology or an approach? Why the noise?
- What exactly is PBL? What are its characteristics?
- Why is PBL appropriate for Bilingual Education? How does it connect with the CLIL approach?
- How can this be implemented in my class? Is it applicable in any content area?
- How can students learn through Inquiry? Why is this beneficial?
- How do I get my students to interact through a second language?
- How can we make sure that PBL does not compromise a curriculum nor compromise learning expectations?
- What tools and strategies can I use to implement PBL in my classes?
- How can we differentiate teaching in PBL? When, at what stage of the process and how?
- How can I organize my planning in a PBL model? What would it look like?
- How do I assess students in a PBL-based program?
The content will be made available to participants on a free, digital platform. Participants are expected to dedicate around 4 hours per week and take part in the activities with comments. There will be one assessed task at the end of the course.
Resources will include:
- Texts for reading and reflecting with peers
- Forum discussions
- Material analysis
- Collaborative planning
Investment: R$ 300,00
Start Date: January 15th, 2017
End date: February 26th, 2017
Register your interest here: https://goo.gl/forms/awBkhf6Jj31uCNHH2
After filling in this for you will receive further information about the course and how to complete your registration.